Substance Abuse Counseling In Winter Springs
Substance abuse counseling is designed to help anyone suffering from either drug or alcohol abuse. It includes a variety of different services that will help individuals find out why they are addicted to a substance, what makes them addicted, and how they can avoid relapsing.
Promise of Hope Counseling provides substance abuse counseling in the Winter Springs area for anyone that requires it. We operate on an outpatient basis, meaning all patients will receive treatment and continue living at home. People respond differently to substance abuse treatment methods, and we believe that a lot of patients find it beneficial to be allowed to stay at home and carry on with their lives. If you are suffering from substance abuse, our counseling services could help you get your life back together.
What is Substance Abuse?
Substance abuse is a very serious topic that should never be ignored or taken lightly. People with substance abuse problems will be using particular substances over and over again, beyond what’s considered normal or healthy. This could include using drugs or drinking alcohol in large quantities, binging, and placing themselves in dangerous situations when doing so.
Often, substance abuse leads to addiction, which is where you start to depend on the substances. In fact, if you stop using the substance for a day or so, you are likely to suffer from withdrawal symptoms that make you feel sick. As such, you’re encouraged to then take the substance to calm these symptoms, and the cycle continues.
What are the Telltale Signs of Substance Abuse?
Some of the most obvious signs and symptoms of substance abuse and addiction include:
- An overreliance on a substance to get you through the day
- Headaches, shakes, nausea, and other physical health issues when the substance hasn’t been consumed for a few hours
- Feelings of anxiety and depression
- Changes in your behavior leading to a more reclusive life
- Extreme mood swings for seemingly no reason
- An inability to concentrate at work or school
- Overspending leading to a lack of money – often coupled with waiting for payday, only to spend your earnings on the substance
How Can Substance Abuse Counseling in Winter Springs Help?
Our substance abuse counseling services are made to help anyone 16 years or older get treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction. The purpose of this counseling is to use different techniques and methods that help patients understand their addiction and overcome it.
The services we provide include:
- Substance abuse evaluation – we find out what is causing your substance abuse, the extent of it, and deliver treatments that will help you overcome it
- Group and individual therapy sessions
- Relapse prevention – this is the key to kicking substance abuse for good!
These counseling services are all delivered on an outpatient basis, letting patients stay at home, go to work, and carry on with life as normal. Every client enrolled in our program has a rigorous treatment protocol that’s designed specifically for them. We want to help everyone address their substance addictions and move on with healthier, happier lives.
For more information, please contact us today.
Contact Us Today
© 2022 Promise Of Hope Counseling. All Rights Reserved.